friday - dust storm in the forecast
hi all,
thanks for the recent updates from everyone. fancy glad you got some harrisburg love, thanks to amy, mr wons, matt and charece for the recent updates as well, and of course rachel's. i'm still out at the FOB, not much shaking down here, the moon is high in the sky again at night, for most of it, so it's not as dark and scary anymore, at least for another week or so before it goes down again. we had a scrumptrilescient dust storm this morning, it's not daybreak yet, but it's gonna be low vis all day, you can smell the dust inside the tents. probably be at the FOB for another week or so by the looks of it, all in all a nice vacation from being back at the main base. main base means ground job, random taskers, not as much flying, more people, intermittent water outages, and last but not least, chow that would make kal-can somewhat desirable. i got to watch the last 4 games of the ALCS, go figure. I hate boston more than ever now, and my two new favorite teams are Houston and St Louis. The chow hall besides having awesome food, has Armed Forces Network Satellite connection, which makes watching the latest sporting events possible over some decent morning chow. i've been avidly reading my gettysburg campaign book, just read about the 20th Maine's stand at Little Round Top, and the idiocy of General Sickles extending the Union Line to the south, grossly misobeying Gen Meade's orders and causing many many un-necessary federal casualties. I am looking forward to visiting the battlegrounds when I get back, though I can't feel hatred for the south like I do when I read about the Germans, Japanese, and Terrorists, strange, I think. Anyways, I am recovering from an impact with a jersey barrier a few nights ago. they have them all over the place to deter car bombs and keep traffic out of certain areas, i walked right into one on a dark night a few nights ago, smacked my knee and bruised a rib as i flipped over it. Good times. Well hope this finds everyone well, wish I had something sexy and high speed to talk about, but it's business as usual here, and that business ain't much......which is a good thing. I can't believe october is almost over and thanksgiving is upon us. I've been away from home in korea and japan for the holiday season before. it sucked then, and i'm sure it will suck this year. i think the chow hall will do a good job putting on a spread for us, they usually do, it will be just another day when it comes though, 12 hours of strip alert, 2 meals, hit the rack. the weather is cooling down nicely, mid70's at night, low 90's during the day, low 90's is like fall around here, mid 70's is chilly. extreme lows are in the 30's in dec and january, haven't had a winter like that since 1998 when i left virginia and moved to florida. pensacola and san diego scare the winter out of you quick. anyways, i have to go preflight the aircraft for the day crew who will be up shortly. love and prayers, will
thanks for the recent updates from everyone. fancy glad you got some harrisburg love, thanks to amy, mr wons, matt and charece for the recent updates as well, and of course rachel's. i'm still out at the FOB, not much shaking down here, the moon is high in the sky again at night, for most of it, so it's not as dark and scary anymore, at least for another week or so before it goes down again. we had a scrumptrilescient dust storm this morning, it's not daybreak yet, but it's gonna be low vis all day, you can smell the dust inside the tents. probably be at the FOB for another week or so by the looks of it, all in all a nice vacation from being back at the main base. main base means ground job, random taskers, not as much flying, more people, intermittent water outages, and last but not least, chow that would make kal-can somewhat desirable. i got to watch the last 4 games of the ALCS, go figure. I hate boston more than ever now, and my two new favorite teams are Houston and St Louis. The chow hall besides having awesome food, has Armed Forces Network Satellite connection, which makes watching the latest sporting events possible over some decent morning chow. i've been avidly reading my gettysburg campaign book, just read about the 20th Maine's stand at Little Round Top, and the idiocy of General Sickles extending the Union Line to the south, grossly misobeying Gen Meade's orders and causing many many un-necessary federal casualties. I am looking forward to visiting the battlegrounds when I get back, though I can't feel hatred for the south like I do when I read about the Germans, Japanese, and Terrorists, strange, I think. Anyways, I am recovering from an impact with a jersey barrier a few nights ago. they have them all over the place to deter car bombs and keep traffic out of certain areas, i walked right into one on a dark night a few nights ago, smacked my knee and bruised a rib as i flipped over it. Good times. Well hope this finds everyone well, wish I had something sexy and high speed to talk about, but it's business as usual here, and that business ain't much......which is a good thing. I can't believe october is almost over and thanksgiving is upon us. I've been away from home in korea and japan for the holiday season before. it sucked then, and i'm sure it will suck this year. i think the chow hall will do a good job putting on a spread for us, they usually do, it will be just another day when it comes though, 12 hours of strip alert, 2 meals, hit the rack. the weather is cooling down nicely, mid70's at night, low 90's during the day, low 90's is like fall around here, mid 70's is chilly. extreme lows are in the 30's in dec and january, haven't had a winter like that since 1998 when i left virginia and moved to florida. pensacola and san diego scare the winter out of you quick. anyways, i have to go preflight the aircraft for the day crew who will be up shortly. love and prayers, will

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home